THE WRAGBY PLAYERS CONSTITUTION
1. The Society shall be called ‘The Wragby Players’.
2. The objects of the Society shall be the study and performance of works of a musical and dramatic nature.
3. The Society shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the following Officers, namely, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and between four and eight other members. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt from time to time such persons as they may consider necessary. Four shall form a quorum. The Committee (including the Officers) shall retire annually but shall be eligible for re-election.
4. The monies of the Society shall be deposited in a bank in Lincoln. Cheques will be issued on the signature of the Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary (two out of the three).
5. The accounts of the Society to be audited and presented at the Annual General Meeting.
6. The Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held not later than the last day of July in each year, when reports and accounts, duly audited, shall be presented, and all other general business transacted. Two weeks’ notice shall be given to members of the date of the Annual General Meeting.
7. Motions for consideration at Annual General or General Meetings to be submitted in writing to the Secretary fourteen days before the meeting to enable details to be circulated to members.
8. Applications for membership shall be made to the Secretary, who shall submit the same to the Committee for its decision. Membership shall be open to those aged 8 years and over, with a maximum of 20 children (under 14 years of age) at any one time.
9. The annual subscription shall be agreed at the Annual General Meeting and shall be payable by 31 July each year.
10. The Committee shall select the works to be, from time to time, produced by the Society and appoint the Director/Musical Director and/or Producer for each production.
11. The funds of the Society shall be applied solely to the stated objects of the Society. The committee may decide to make donations to local charities or philanthropic purposes. No member of the Society shall receive payment, directly or indirectly, for services to the Society or for other than legitimate expenses incurred in its work. In the event of dissolution for any reason whatsoever, any balance of cash remaining in hand after realisation of assets and payment of debts shall be handed over to a charity or charities.
12. No alteration to these rules shall be made except at a General Meeting with at least half of the adult members present.
Reviewed and amended at AGM 18 July 2014. 12 adult;; 3 junior members present Previous version revised at AGM June 25th 1993. Previous version revised at meeting dated August 16th 1988. 7 Members present